Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the posts of Health Planner, Policy Analysis and Planning Unit, Ministry of Health.
Salary: On a contractual/gratuity basis and will commensurate with
qualification and experience
Qualification and Experience:
Master’s Degree in a Public Health or related field is preferred with experience and
capability in research and evaluation methodologies. Good analytical, interpersonal and
Application with two (2) references on professional experience and copies of qualifications
and Curriculum Vitae are to be submitted to:
Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Health
3rd Floor, East Block Building
Deadline: Applications should be submitted by February 3, 2017
HEALTH PLANNER - MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Assist in planning, analyzing and evaluating current or proposed health plans/programs within the Ministry of Health for the purpose of development of said plans/programs; assist in the development of recommendations to improve existing health programs/plans or substantiate the need for additional programs; assist in the development and finalization of Ministry of Health plan for the delivery of health services and/or plans submitted by outside partners; serves as a liaison with multiple community partners; and perform related duties as required.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Planning and Policy Analysis Unit of the Ministry of Health.
The Health Planner position requires a broad technical knowledge of assigned program areas and expertise in program planning techniques and policy analysis as well as capacity for coordinating international programs (Spanish and English). The strength of expertise required in any particular area will depend on the particular function (post) assigned.
1. Assists the Director of Planning and Policy Analysis Unit in organizational planning for long-term, medium-term and short-term objectives.
2. Evaluates and recommends improvements in local, district level and national level health plans.
3. Provides technical assistance to community level, district level or national level groups/ agencies to coordinate and implement program development in the area of health.
4. Identify, collect and analyze information on existing health problems, their determinants and related community challenges.
5. Assist in the development of project proposals for funding.
6. Conduct health systems analysis to identify gaps and bottlenecks in system performance.
7. Develop and advise the Director on policy options to address specific health system issues.
8. Conduct research and maintain current information regarding health system and services (including cost-benefit/cost effective analysis).
9. Serves as the Ministry of Health’s representative on boards, committees, working groups, as assigned by the Director of the Unit; attends meetings and provides reports on such meetings.
10. Collects assigned information and organizes the data in readily usable format, prepares periodic summaries/reports for publication and/or managerial review.
11. Participates in designated conferences, seminars and other meetings and fulfills public speaking assignments.
12. Training and development of staff in health policy development and analysis, and planning.
13. Prepares and presents reports on contract monitoring and other assignments.
14. Travels to off-site locations routinely and as needed.
Salary Pay Scale: 23 of $39,432 x $1,596.00 = $69,756 .00
Qualifications: (1) Master’s Degree in a Public Health or related field is preferred
(2) Experience and capability in research and evaluation methodologies.
(3) Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
(4) Competent in use of computers and basic computer programs such as excel, Word, PowerPoint.
(5) Ability to use wide range of data to inform program and policy considerations.
(6) A self starter with ability to produce high quality reports.
(7) Experience in project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
(8) Being bi-lingual an asset (English and Spanish)