Adherence Counselor for Tuberculosis Program
Employment conditions: Two year Contract Basis
Title: One (1) Adherence Counselor for Dangriga
Salary: $27,756 per annum
Service: Health Services
Department: National Tuberculosis Program, Ministry of Health
Under the direct supervision of the Public Health Nurse( PHN) and in conjunction with the National Tuberculosis Program, the Adherence Counselor will work to provide and improve overall client access to comprehensive and current medical treatment and information.
The Adherence Counselor will provide individualized client treatment education and coordinate treatment information related seminars. The Adherence Counselor will facilitate communication between other treatment providers and the client. The Adherence Counselor will provide medical and psychosocial support for the individual who is being medically managed for TB and or TB/HIV Co-infection.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Nursing, Public Health, or other health related field with 2 years experience either providing some supervisory role or patient support.
• Prior counseling experience is required.
• Knowledge of community resources that may be needed for the client for medication/treatment adherence.
• Person must be bilingual ( English and Spanish) is a must
• Experience working with substance abuse population is required.
• Basic knowledge of TB, HIV/AIDS and other health related issues that would improve his/her ability to work with the target population
• Sensitivity to alternative lifestyles and cultural variations in the community.
• Willing to travel across the country (make home visits) and work beyond the traditional working hours
• Hold a valid driver’s license.
• Highly desirable ( Ability to organize and implement training, Leadership training, Working knowledge of database systems , word processing, power point and Excel
• develop annual budgets and work plans for the NTP regarding outreach activities
• Supervise monitoring and evaluation processes and ensure quality and annual production of the NTP Monitoring Reports.
Application with supporting documents should be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Health no later than January 20th, 2017.